Posted on October 30, 2018
The Office of Los Angeles City Controller Ron Galperin is seeking a creative and goal-oriented Deputy Director of Communications to join our Communications team. Communications is responsible for speech writing, press relations, social media, photography, and website content management. The ideal candidate for this position will be a positive self-starter and have a creative vision to help shape public perception of the Controller’s Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the website and social media channels for the Controller’s Office including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr and YouTube.
- Drafts newsletters, press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, and talking points.
- Works with the Communications Director and Communications Deputy to develop communications strategies and assist with media relations.
- Leads development of ads, videos, event photography, and social media graphics.
- Very strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex information in a concise and interesting way.
- A creative streak with outside-the-box approaches to communications.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a collegial, fast-paced environment.
- Strong social media skills and proven success in growing social media audiences.
- Interest in and understanding of municipal governance and public sector innovation.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five (5) years of full-time experience in a similar position.
Email resume and brief cover letter with subject ‘Deputy Director of Communications’ to email@example.com.