Posted on October 30, 2018
The Office of Los Angeles City Controller Ron Galperin is seeking an experienced, creative and goal-oriented Director of Communications to lead our Communications team. Communications is responsible for talking points, media relations, social media, website content management and much more. The ideal candidate for this position will have extensive experience leading a
team, driving content and possess a unique, creative vision to help shape public perception of the Controller’s Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interface with the Controller and Senior Staff to distill complicated reports and audits to easily consumable press releases, social media posts and more;
- Use strong written skills to write newsletters, press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, and talking points;
- Lead and drive the vision of a talented communications team that includes a Deputy Director of Communications and Communications Deputy to develop communications strategies and assist with media relations, create video content and more;
- Tap knowledge of the governmental and political realities of the City of Los Angeles to drive meaningful change from the Controller’s office.
- Impeccably strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to
communicate complex information in a concise and interesting way;
- A creative streak with outside-the-box approaches to communications;
- Ability to lead a team, work with other top-level members of the team, handle multiple
assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a collegial, fast-paced
- Strong social media skills and proven success in growing social media audiences
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of six (6) years of full-time experience in a similar position or experience on par. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Email resume and brief cover letter with subject “Director of Communications” to firstname.lastname@example.org.