The Office of Los Angeles City Controller Ron Galperin is seeking dynamic, highly motivated interns in the areas of Communications, Government Affairs and External Affairs.
What exactly does the City Controller do?
The City Controller is the chief accountant, watchdog, and auditor for the City of Los Angeles – the Controller also:
- Works to innovate City Hall through the use of open data and new technology
- Evaluates and recommends best practices through reports and policy initiatives
- Conducts performance & financial audits of all City departments, offices and programs
- Manages the City’s Financial Management System and monitors all expenditures, including City payroll
What would I do as an intern?
- Working directly with the Controller and his executive team to conduct research, analysis and assist with special projects
- Working with staff to develop innovative solutions to address Citywide challenges
- Conducting legislative research, tracking and analysis of City Council meetings
- Providing staff support for the Controller at events, meetings and community gatherings
- Helping conduct community outreach
- Writing letters and drafting press materials and other communications
- Assisting with general office tasks (scheduling, filing, entering data, etc.)
Who is your ideal candidate?
You’ll stand out if you:
- Have an interest in public service, government and improving Los Angeles
- Are highly motivated, dynamic and an excellent communicator
- Are technologically savvy across mediums and platforms, Microsoft Office and social media
- Are self-starting and independent, but also able to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
Which departments are currently accepting applications?
Click below to learn more and apply: